Edition Four of SANIFAA News
This is the fourth issue of SANIFAA News. Please ensure that your email address stay updated. When you speak to fellow archers please spread the word of SANIFAA News and if they don’t receive it let them contact Petrus. Email is our main communication tool.
A copy of the newsletter is available on the SANIFAA Website as well.
On my own I can not keep SANIFAA News interesting. Please help by sending me information you would like to be published in SANIFAA News to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here….
In this edition of SANIFAA News
Message from Petrus van Breda
As most of you might know by now my dad pass away on Saturday 8 September 2012. During this time me and my family have receive support and messages from many archers all over the country. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody for their emails, SMS messages, Facebook messages, calls etc of support and encouragement. It is appreciated by me and my family. Below is a message from us.
This is also for me a sign that we are more than just taking part in archery, but are an archery family.
It’s a Girl
We just want to let you know of our latest addition to SANIFAA.
CONGRATULATIONS to Geoffrey and Marlie Hunt with the arrival of their little girl – Gemma. Mom & little Gemma are doing fine. Dad is as proud as can be!!
With a smile like that – she will be a Gem!!!
Please take note of the following Urgent Notice regarding provinces, Clubs, Colours etc.:
- SASCOC (Gideon Sam) inform Stefan directly that an archer is not allowed to take part in competitions and represent a club or province where s/he don’t stay. For example an archer that live in the North West can not be a member of Magnum or The Bow Shop or Archers Edge and represent one of the clubs in the Northern Province, and on top of this get Northern provincial colours (live in North West and have North Gauteng colours?????). For the same token if one live in Kempton Park (border of Gauteng and Gauteng North) the archer need to join a Gauteng club as Kempton is part of Gauteng and not North Gauteng. In short no cross provincial borders representation is or will be allowed.
- SASCOC confirm that no archer is allowed to qualify for provincial colours at a national tournament. This mean that archers need to receive provincial colours before the the next National Tournaments. At the national tournament they will only be allowed to receive National colours. (Note:- Speak to your provincial reps for more detail regarding your provincial colours).
- The above is already in place since the last Nationals of Indoor, Field and 3D.
- This might have some challenges to the provinces on new archers who joined late and have not received their provincial colours (depending on how the provinces structured their allocation of provincial colours) but participate in the nationals, and qualify with national colour scores. Archers need to have provincial colours before they can get national colours.
- Cross border participation will not be allowed. The current archers who are practising this will need to have a discussion with their local provincial reps and ensure they adhere to the rules, where needed they and the local provincial reps will need to have a discussion with shop owners and clubs.
- SANIFAA will be very stick in complying with the rules, including confirmation of affiliated clubs with provinces.
- SANIFAA have no choice as to comply with SASCOC and do it 100% correct. Their words were “skuts moet reeds prov kleure verdien het voor ‘n SA toernooi”.
- Archers can only represent one club in competitions
- Currently we have no indication of how the provincial sports councils will allocate provincial colours. Example they might decide that it must be allocated at the provincial tournaments. Archers need to engage with their provincial reps regarding provincial colours.
- Archers who have not paid their SANIFAA Membership fees will participate as visitors in a competition without exception (refer to SANIFAA Rules). Renewals is January of every year.
This is serious and we need to comply as quick as possible. It can have a dramatic impact on our sport for the future if we ignore it, to the point were colours (provincial, national and protea can be jeopardize).
If you have any questions please speak to your regional representative..
You will find the latest SA Archer on SANIFAA’s website plus some back issues. The SA Archer is full of interesting information about archery and what is happening in the archery world.
This is a call to every club and province that host a competition. An agreement was reached in 2011 that every club or provincial association that host a competition need to send a report of the event to Petrus (email@example.com) not later than 2 (two) weeks after the event to be published in the SA Archer.
Please could you submit articles and especially photos together with results (this makes the magazine much more interesting). With your efforts, the magazine will continue to grow from strength to strength. To those of you who regularly submit articles and photos with your results, many thanks for your efforts. Please note that the cutoff date for submissions to the SA Archer is the 20th of the month for publication in the next month’s edition. Any articles received after this date will be published in the following month or subsequent editions of the SA Archer. Could all submissions please be sent to Petrus (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the Calibri 14 Point Font size for articles and scores using the Calibri 12 Point Font size.
Adverts for competitions need to be available at least 4 to 6 weeks before a competition to be able to make the SA Archer and allow proper exposure to your fellow archers
2011 Indoor National Shirts
We will be taking delivery of the 2011 Indoor National shirts during this week. Marietjie noted that there are quite a few outstanding payments. If you did make a payment, please forward your proof of payment to Marietjie. Those that did make a payment and of which she received confirmation – THANK YOU !!
If you have not paid yet – please deposit the amount indicated below in the SANIFAA bank account
- Acc Holder: SANIFAA
- Bank: Nedbank
- Acc No: 1686067674
- Branch: Midrand
- Branch Code: 168-642
- Reference: Indoor Nats shirt + Surname.
Please forward your proof of payment to Marietjie for the recon. email@example.com
Only on receipt of ALL outstanding payments, will she deliver the shirts to the VP indoor for your collection.
Gauteng Provincial Colours
The provincial shirts for Gauteng archers achieving their provincial colours for the first time is now available from Johann du Preez (082-855-3923) or Petrus van Breda (082-453-5783). The shirts will be available at the Johannesburg Indoor Championship on 6 & 7 October 2012 or else at the Gauteng Field Championship 2012 on the weekend of 13 & 14 October 2012.
We are in the process to investigate the possibility of tracksuits for archers with Gauteng colours. Examples of the jackets will be available at the two shoots. If we receive enough Gauteng archers interested in acquiring these orders will be taken with payment.
Gauteng Provincial Field Championship
Please note that the starting time for Saturday 13 October 2012 are at 08:00 and not 09:00 as advertised. The reason being that our archers attending the 2012 WFAC are attending a function on the evening of the 13th and by moving the starting time it will allow them to be in time for the event.
We would appreciate it if you can spread the word to your fellow archers.
Western Cape Indoor Championship
Please note that a date has been set for the Western Cape Provincial Indoor Championships. The SANIFAA Calendar has been updated as such. It will take place at Protea Club on 30 September 2012. Attendance by Western Cape Archers at this event is a requirement for obtaining Indoor Provincial colours.
Photos of the Western Cape Field Archery Championship is available on their Facebook Page.
Below are two pictures taken at the Witbank Indoor Championship
SANIFAA on Facebook
We have currently 165 archers who liked our SANIFAA Facebook page. Please visit our Facebook site and click on “liked” SANIFAA. Here you can engage with other SANIFAA archers, upload photos of shoots etc.
Quotes of the moment
- The arrow is an extension of your soul.
- Aim small, miss small.
- “If archer shoots just for fun he has all his skill.
If he shoots for score his hands tremble and his breath is uneasy.
If he shoots for a golden price he becomes mad and blind.
His skill was not lessened, but the vision of the target changed him.”